who am i?
Alison Anne Bailey MBACP (Advanced Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Hello I'm Alison and I began my counselling career over 15 years ago, after overcoming some very difficult times of my own. I truly know how important your relationship with your counsellor is so I offer to meet you at no cost, and no obligation so you can decide if I am the right person to help you.
My approach is friendly, natural and truly empathic. I work with each person as the unique individual that they are, understanding that the problems and challenges that we all face in our lives affects us in a unique way. I can offer therapy at any mutually agreed place which could include your home, at my practice in Newquay, Cornwall, at a public cafe, walking your dog on the beach or even via Skype.
I have helped many people explore and understand troubling thoughts and feelings such as depression and anxiety, and specific issues including social phobia, OCD, eating disorders, adoption and very many more (please contact me if you have any questions regarding your specific issues). My own personal experience of overcoming difficult life events helps me to give an even deeper understanding.
what qualifications, training and experience do i have?
My qualifications include:
- Advanced Level Psychology 
- Cert Counselling Skills 
- Cert Counselling Theory 
- Advanced Cert Counselling Skills and Theory 
- Advanced Diploma Counselling and Psycotherapy 
Courses I have undertaken to develop my skills and awareness include:
- Adult Learning for people with Learning Difficulties (NOCN) 
- Play Therapy 
- Working Creatively with Clients 
- Dual Diagnosis 
- Solution-Focussed Communication 
- Psychologically Informed Responses to People with Personality Disorder Difficulties 
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) 
- Child Protection [Fully up to date]
- Working with Vulnerable Adults [Fully up to date]
I have also worked extensively as a Group Facilitator with:
- Social Anxiety
- Social Coaching
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Creative Therapy
- Emotional Eating
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which is the largest professional body representing counselling and psychotherapy in the UK. BACP sets standards for excellent therapeutic practice and provides strict ethical guidelines that all members must adhere to.